Monday, March 28, 2011

Italian Sausage and White Beans

Italian Sausage and White Beans
found at www.sparkpeople.com

12 ounces Italian sausage
cooking spray
1/2 cup green bell pepper, chopped
1/2 cup onion chopped
1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
1 teaspoon dried oregano
19 ounces canned cannellini beans
2 (14.5 ounce) cans diced Italian style tomatoes

Remove sausage from casings.  Heat a large skillet with cooking spray over medium heat. Add bell pepper, onion, and garlic and saute for three (3) minutes.  Add sausage and cook until brown and crumbled.  Stir in oregano, beans, and tomatoes.  Reduce the heat to medium low and cook for five (5) minutes until heated through.

Approx. 8 servings

*******************

I tried this tonight and it was some kind of awesome.  I'd never taken the sausage out of the casings before.  I'm still trying to find uses for the beans I cooked Saturday, so I used about 20 ounces of them instead of the canned.  This came out to be something like a thick stew. It was pretty filling, and I have plenty of leftovers.

The white beans and Italian tomatoes combination is good.  I think I'm going to make this for my father one day.  It's yummy and quick, and I will make it again.  It's a winner!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home